Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Generation WE Reflection



First off, I noticed that Generation WE includes people with different ethnicity. It reveals how America has become so diverse over the years. I agree with some of the points that were made in the video such as the future of politics and where it will stand in the future. We will see a change in our politics because we will be the ones making the choices once we are of legal voting age after all. As of right now, with the reelection of Obama, our generation seems to aim more towards the democratic party. Another point that was made in the video was the perception of America. I don't agree with people's view that America is “arrogant” because I think we are far from it. Our generation is more caring, intelligent and creative. People today are more involved within their communities/or clubs; These qualities are changing America for the better. Their perception also effects me in a way because I AM a part of this generation so knowing that people actually think that way about America makes me want to take action. I'd hate to be a part of something that is affiliated with such negative connotations. In the video, they also point out that we should attempt to restore the American Dream. However, I think it's time for us to create a new dream because we can't always fall back on the same dream. I think a new vision is necessary for our country to evolve and expand even further. (253)  

No comments:

Post a Comment